Saturday, June 10, 2006

Jedidiah David Ross is here!!!!!

We pulled into Houston about 10 on Monday night - Jen had been sent home - the nurse said she was not quite ready. She showered a couple of times and timed contractions - serious contractions. Lyn (her mom) and I fretted silently downstairs - we wanted her at the hospital! Finally, about 12:45, Jonathan called the nurse on the phone to ask about when to bring her back. The nurse said when her contractions had been at 3 minutes for an hour! He asked if her could bring her anyway to double check. We all piled in cars - only to have Jen jump out in driveway - she couldn't sit down! Jonathan coached her through a couple of contractions and she climbed in the front seat. We followed in our car. We were delighted there was no traffic at 1 am and that Jonathan found the accelerator!
We got to the hospital at 1:18 and Jed was born in the triage room (an examination room) at 1:24!!!! Six minutes! Two nurses delivered him - or rather, watched him deliver himself! Jonathan said two pushes was all it took and it looked like Jed was on a slip and slide. Dr. Moore arrived shortly.
He is beautiful!!! I can't figure out how to post pictures yet but I have PLENTY! Laura, Jen's twin, went to get them delevoped for me and they gave her a box - almost $100 worth of pictures! and not one I don't want to post! He is a doll! Sleeps great! Eats great! and sneezes perfectly!!!
Jonathan and Jen had 20 people over to watch the Mavs Thursday night! (They came home on Wed. night) Clappers and all! Jed didn't even flinch! He must be well accustomed to his daddy cheering! His mommy and daddy decked him out in Mavs clothes to watch the game. Stay tuned for family shot! Jonthan calls him Dirk - my dad calls him Lightening! (because of his quick entry!)
Malaya held him 3 times yesterday and giggled the whole time!
We are grandparents of two precious, precious little ones! We are blessed!
Welcome to our family, Jedidiah!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed with Jennifer's delivery! Congratulations on your new grandbaby.

Liz Moore said...

Congratulations! It sounds like he's just getting started! I sent you my email so I can see those pictures! Can't wait! May the Lord bless him and guide him from this day forward.

Amy C said...

Congratulations! I know you are all delighted. He is a blessed boy.

Liz Moore said...

Let me know if my email still didn't work. I can't wait to see those precious pictures!

judy thomas said...

Congratulations to Jonathan and Jen. Give them my love. Oh, grandchildren are so much fun--your heart just spills over with delight and gratefulness to God over such miracles! Love you too, Judy Thomas

Anne said...

Beverly:

I am so thankful that Jed is here and so healthy! Babies are truly a gift from God, and I know that firsthand!

In case you don't remember me, I used to sing for Jonathan on his praise team in Abilene. If you would not mind, would you visit my blog or email me and leave your email addres? I have some questions for you about my dreams and God's plan for me.

Thanks and God Bless,
Anne Jones

Anne said...

OOPS! Forgot to give you my email:

carrieannejones2001@yahoo.com

:)

Anne said...

Beverly:

I just wanted to let you know I was able to get the answers to the questions that I had! I am so sorry to have bothered you... I was able to find out what I needed. I know God is working in my heart and in my life and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me!

I hope all is continuing to go well with new Baby Jedidiah. I can't wait to see him, and introduce him to my little Levi (2 months old). Someday they may be buddies at ACU!