Sunday, June 25, 2006

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!

I haven't written a blog since Jed was born! I cannot tell you how many times I have tried but I decided I would not write until I can figure out how to post pictures! It can't be that hard! People do it everyday! I have found the picture button; I can upload them; then, gone... I am lost after that - boohoo! So many, many precious pics for you to see that are lost in blogland somewhere! I have been to Houston twice since my last post. I have the cutest pictures!!!

This last weekend we went to celebrate Jed's daddy's birthday! Today is Jonathan's birthday. June 25, 1983 was the day our world forever changed with the appearance of a precious baby boy! So many memories as of late because Jed looks so much like him! They share the same gorgeous eyes, same long torso, same love of being held, especially while sleeping! (That 'job' is mine when I am in Houston!) Last Friday night, Jen and I had Jed on the bed talking to him and he just opened his mouth and waited - we all waited - with anticipation - he was ready to talk, I totally promise. All three of us knew he was ready to tell us something! We got it even if no sound came out yet. Yep, just like his daddy! Jonathan was an early talker! Jed will be too! I know it!!

Jonathan, it has been a joy and a blessing to be your mother! Let me just ramble with a few memories for a moment!
*you could climb before you could walk!
*you tried to shave TWICE before you were four (what happened to that love of the razor?????)
*you were always so funny when you were in trouble that I found myself constantly saying "my
face may be laughing but my heart is not"
*you nearly got killed on the many dares from Josh (and probably Jenny - she was just quieter)
-the time you jumped off the porch of the Savage's garage apartment
-the time you drank Worcestershire sauce blistering you lips
*you survived them 'cannonballing' you to the ceiling when they were babysitting you
*you could sing all the books of the Bible when you were 3
*you and Clint performed at the Grace St. talent show when you were 5
*when I would wave at you at your football games, you would just shake your head 'no'
but I knew you loved it - didn't you????
*watching you lead a community of believers in worship through song
*watching you coach Jennifer through childbirth with such steadiness; watching her find
strength in you
*hearing you tell the nurse you were bringing Jen in to be 'checked' again even though the contractions hadn't been at 3 min apart for ONE HOUR - great call!!!!!
*watching you 'beam' at the birth of your own son
*watching you love you wife!!!! (to see her precious blog and pics, go to
www.jennifermaryross.blogspot.com)

I could go on and on and have a lot of fun doing it! I really just want you to know that you have been a gift since the day you were born! The best part has been watching you mature into a man of God! I love thinking of His eyes on you and His face smiling to see a heart given to Him! May He bless you richly this next year and forever! I love you!

4 comments:

Liz Moore said...

Well, I've already posted 2 happy birthday's to Jonathan...here's one more... Happy Birthday Jonathan!! His little boy is just precious. I can't wait to meet him! I pray that my own children will follow as closely to God as yours have and are blessed with such faithful spouses as yours are. I pray for that every day. May God continue to bless the next generation in all of our families as God has allowed you and all of your family to bless mine.

Speaking of spouses, (no Ashley isn't near ready, :) ) but just a reminder to Josh, Ashley still says that someday she wants you to perform her wedding! Love you all!

jenny biz said...

No way--I NEVER dared anything :) Happy B-day Jonathan!! Love you, Jen and Jed!!

Anne said...

So good to see you this weekend! Hope you had grat fun while you were here! Talk to you soon:)

Jennifer Ross said...

that is such a fun blog!
even though i am a little late...
i am so impressed with the picture posts!
Jen