Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Good Friends!

I have been surrounded as of late with the reminders of the precious gift of wonderful friends! On Sunday, July 2, Johnny and Debbie Garner (along with Jonathan and Jillian) came to Decatur to see us! What treasured memories we share with them from our Crockett days. Rick's first ministry was in Crockett, Texas, and the Garners were gifted encouragers to us. I loved laughing with them and getting the latest on people we love. Friendship with history - fun!
Then on Monday, we had invited several couples from church over to eat Rick delicious burgers and drink iced tea! We ate on our back porch and relaxed to the purr of our fountain. Friendship with future - exciting!
Our little grand-daughter was with us for both! What a ball for us to enjoy her with our friends! and to watch her make new buddies too!
Wednesday night we had Jonathan, Jennifer, and JED with us for church and to spend the night! It was a total blast showing off our new grandson to all our church friends! This is the first church we have ever been at that hasn't known our kids so we relish the moments to introduce the fam!! I slept with Jed that night - actually all I do is lay beside him and watch him sleep. I want to memorize him - I do not want to forget his squeaks and stretches.
Rick and I spent Thursday night with our small group of friends that meet weekly to study the Word and lift each other in prayer. The Lord is our Reason and our Focus.
Friday I spent watching my very bestest friend play good golf! I love hanging out with Rick!!!
I spent Saturday and Sunday in Abilene with Phil and Donna Ware (and Jon, Jen, and Jed). What precious new friends! So hospitable! So warm! I loved worhipping the Lord at Southern Hills. Phil spoke sweet words of blessing over Jed. He reminded us of his legacy of faith.
May we be committed to revealing You, Father, to the next generation!
Great community of faith! Old friends, new friends, family friends, faithful friends, partnering friends, mentoring friends! Thank you, Lord, for the gift of friendship!

3 comments:

jenny biz said...

I am also grateful for that gift! Thanks for being my friend :)

Rick Ross said...

You and I have been so blessed by the Lord with good friends. A lot of that has to do with the fact that you are such a good friend to others.

Rick Ross said...

Hey! It just hit me! Don't you like listening to me squeek and watching me stretch when I sleep?