Friday, July 28, 2006

Going to ACU

I am leaving later today to head west. I am speaking for the Summer Workshop at ACU tomorrow morning. Topic: the Light of the Lord. I LOVE studying God's Light! I love that we, His people, have been given such a distinguising mark - a mark to spotlight His glory. The second session, we will be exploring 'masks' tht we wear that hide His Light in us. Masks like anger, bitterness, fear. Can't those ugly masks creep in and on our hearts so very quickly. Oh, Lord, may we see the work of Satan - the work that diminshes You. May we make the choice to step into You, closer and closer. May we choose, Father, not to allow our own pain to hide Your hand in our lives! Lord, may my presentation be clear and be words that will honor Your Name.
Vicki Straughan, a dear friend and former co-worker, is also speaking at the workshop and we will be traveling together. I pray for sweet conversation.
Anne Jones, a precious young mommy from Southern Hills, is going to sing a couple of songs in the sessions. I can't wait to work with her! I will pray her new minsitry.
Please pray for safe travel and for the Lord to be glorified through our time together.

5 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I am so proud of you. I don't know of anyone more qualified to speak about letting God's light shine in you. YOU ARE THE REAL DEAL!

I will be praying for you.

jenny biz said...

I know God used you in Abilene! Glad you are safely home!

Tiersa said...

I wish I was hearing you speak. You have showed me the heart of a woman intentionally seeking God. It has really been a blessing to me. Anyway, Jason will be through with school in Dec. We are looking for a job now. If you hear of anything let me know! Love you! Blessings to you on Jenny's birthday.

Liz Moore said...

I've been catching up on my bloging since vacation... Rick is right, you are definitely qualified to speak on shining God's light. You are great example of light and truth to everyone you come in contact with. The world is a brighter place with you in. I know you did a wonderful job all to the glory of God.

songbirdintl said...

Hi Beverly Ross!! I saw that you posted on Catherine's blog and just had to come over and say HI! I knwo the talk at ACU was just as God intended! What PRECIOUS grandbabies!! I pray that all is going well in Decatur! Love you! Jana Graves