Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

Today is Christmas Eve. Growing up it was the day we opened all our gifts, ate special foods, and anticipated hearing the reindeer paws on our roof before morning.
Now, at almost 50, I love remembering Christmas long ago, but I have found none sweeter than the one I am living right now.
I have learned that Christmas it is so much more about Jesus! Today, Rick's class was encouraging us to ponder about what life would be like without Him - if He had never been born. YUK! I can't! I don't want to think about it! But -- if I don't, I miss the blessing and the joy of His life - He did come - He changed the world forever! The lives of women, of children, of poor, of the sick, of the heavy-hearted, of the wounded, of the empty -- would never be the same!
Jesus has made a difference - and continues to change hearts as we allow Him to invade us, to transform us, and to radiate through us!
May we become totally obsessed with Him in '07!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year. You are a blessing and encouragement for all to follow and get to know Jesus more. I love you. Amy

Anonymous said...

Amen!!! Happy New Year!