Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Best of Summer '07

August 27 - the first day of school - may it be a new beginning of blogs for me! I became a 'grammy' of 3 and disappeared to play for a few months. But I want back in!!! This summer has been full of rich blessings! I have come up with a list of my top 12 most favorite things about the summer of '07. (Drum roll please, Rick):



Jed, Malaya, and Truitt sharing

a 'cousin moment' on vacation.

1.) Jed's First Birthday Bash! Our first time to have all 3 grand ones together!
2.) Truitt's Baby Blessings (Rick got to speak)
3.) Many trips to Houston - the road has gotten so much shorter!
4.) Going to Smart Marriage conference in Denver with Rick
5.) Jed and Jen staying with us!
6.) Taking Malaya and Jed to the zoo
7.) Vacation at Lake Conroe
8.) Studying with a group of young mothers on Wednesday morning - so many new friends!
9.) Watching High School Musical 2 with Malaya
10.) Celebrating 31 years with Rick
11.) Planning for my fund-raiser which is this Thursday
12.) Studying Exodus - getting ready for the fall ladies' class - I totally cannot wait!

Today, I had lunch with a group of mothers who had just dropped their children off at school. We met to pray over this school year. May it be rich with opportunities to shine Jesus!

I've been trying to get more pics on here but having real trouble - stay tuned.

9 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

It's nice to see that you finally came back! Please pray for me as well as the children. I had a great first day at school! I really did enjoy every minute of it. It is amazing how different children can be - you never know what their life is like at home and how it affects how they act at school! I pray that I can be a shining light to all the children I student teach this year. I like your list of favorite things - High School Musical 2 - I watched it too!

jenny biz said...

It was a great summer!!! I know this fall will hold just as many memories!

Lynn Leaming said...

Glad that you had a great summer and that you're back in the blog world. I have missed hearing about you, but glad to see what kept you busy this summer.

Liz Moore said...

Yeah!! You're back!! You grandkids are so beautiful. I know you are very proud of them! God's blessings on you and your family!

Jeff said...

Welcome back to bloggy world.

Amy C said...

Glad your back in the blogger world. Love Ya!

Melanie said...

Glad to have you back! Love the pics! Richard's aunt lives on Lake Conroe. It was beautiful down there!

Kelly Vaughn said...

I am so happy to know I can check back in with you via blog world! I would love lunch with you! Maybe I can find some child care and make that possible....I could use some fun friend time mixed with some great wise counsel!
I love you Bevie!!!

KV

Tonia said...

Hey girlfriend,
I am so glad to read about your summer fav's. Your littles are precious, in fact, that is exactly why i checked your blog today...thought i might catch a glimpse of them. So glad i did! I can't wait to see you at Legacy on Sept.15.
Love you my sweet friend!