Sunday, September 09, 2007

Done, done, done, done, done, done, done

The title is a quote from Malaya a few years ago when she was ready to go home after looking at lights on Christmas Eve. The saying has just 'stuck' to show when I am really finished - I mean totally finished - with something.
My fundraiser for the year is over! On August 30, about 70 people gathered to eat a meal and hear testimonies from some of my clients and a highly motivational talk by Ty Lovell, the minister at Crossroads Community Church here in Decatur. When the night was over, we had raised a little over $19,000 - with pledges, the total is almost $45,000 for the year! May the Lord be praised! I get to work here another year!
I love my job! I have such a passion for this ministry!
Psalm 90: 17 was the verse for the event: "May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us -- yes, establish the work of our hands."

Today Rick and Jacob challenged us to Give 60 for the Master. They encouraged us to get our hands dirty in some kind of volunteer work outside of the walls of our building. So many ideas floating around:
WARM, CASA, the Domestic Violence Task Force are a few places that need help.
There is a young woman in a convalescent center that needs someone to read to her.
There are people to visit and encourage.
I am excited and eager to hear what people find to do to be the hands and feet of Jesus in Wise County!
May He definitely establish the work of our hands!!!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That's Wonderful! Love and miss you and yours!

Rick Ross said...

God has blessed your ministry in so many ways. I think you ought to write a book about it.

Liz Moore said...

Congratulations!!! May God continue to bless you work as you bless those around you. Love you!