Sunday, November 04, 2007

Confession!

I have allowed myself to become too busy - too busy to be who I desperately want to be. I am suffering from what Randy Frazee calls "crowded loneliness" so there are some changes coming! I have already accepted 4 speaking engagements on weekends from January through May (2 of those are with Rick) but I am not going to be taking on anything else for this season. I am going to be reinvestigating my life and adjusting a few details. I want to spend some time 'breaking up my unplowed ground' and seeking the Lord with all my heart.
Hosea 10: 12 was shared in a devo recently and it really has been playing in my heart:
"Sow for ourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until He comes and showers righteousness on you."
Blessings, sweet friends, in your jouney with the Lord and may He bless our hearts with deeper spiritual roots in the days to come!

6 comments:

jenny biz said...

I love that verse! I will be praying for you as his righteousness pours upon you!

Chelsie Sargent said...

Truitt was may favorite little trick or treater:). Hope to meet you face to face soon. I have heard so many great things about you!

Rick Ross said...

I look forward to journeying through you. This season of life is so sweet!

Josh Ross said...

May the Lord bless you on this journey of simplification.
Expect a number of phone calls. :)

Jeff said...

I know it will be a profitable time for you. I look forward to hearing what you find in this time of peace.

Liz Moore said...

I love your Beverly quote... "I want to spend some time 'breaking up my unplowed ground' and seeking the Lord with all my heart."

I miss those thoughts from you. I so needed to hear that today! Thank you friend! Love and miss you!