Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving!

I have been reading some research that says that our brains are not wired to feel anxiety and thanksgiving at the same time. Isn't that just like God to remind us over and over and over in the Word - Don't worry but, rather, be thankful. To be thankful is a choice. It is a mindset. To wrap my own head around this concept, here is the beginning of my 'I am thankful for ...' list:

My precious husband, who is more like Jesus everyday
My children all love the Lord and passionately serve Him
My three precious grandchildren!!!!!
My parents - that they enjoy health and we enjoy having them close
My church family
My job - I LOVE going to work everyday!
Our Tuesday morning study group with young moms
So many wonderful friends
The written Word
The Living, Breathing Word
The Spirit - His indwelling and His empowerment
The concept of marriage
God's redeeming heart
Jesus' story
Books
Highlighters

8 comments:

jenny biz said...

I definitely want to be more intentional about being grateful!! I am super grateful for you!

Rick Ross said...

I love that concept. Still learning to practice it, but I do love it.

Kim Q. said...

Hi Beverly!! Yaay! to hear from you!!!So weird that my post didn't register when I posted it....So not sure if you checked back but I happened upon some recipe's that will work... I so treasure your thoughts and prayers! Thank you thank you thank you!!!It is a joy to continually see God's blessings showering over and through your guy's lives!I appreciate the gift you are!
love ya sweet friend!-Kim Q

Truitt Ross said...

I love you Bevy! We are blessed aren't we? Truth? - Kayci Joy

Truitt Ross said...

I love you Bevy! We are so blessed aren't we? Truth? - kayci

Truitt Ross said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to post twice. My bad. - Kayci

Sarah said...

Obviously haven't been here in a while, but I love that you are thankful for highlighters! Me, too! :-)

And I'm thankful for you!

Hope you had a wonderful and blessed holiday season full of grandbabies and love.

fitzgeraldfive said...

Hey Beverly you have crossed my mind a lot lately and I wanted to check and see how things were so I caught up through your blog- God is good and he has blessed you and your family. I just wanted to say hello and that I think of you often. Sending a hug - Melissa Fitzgerald