Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year!

Malaya shows off an extra-large 'Santa' grin. She is our precious!
Rick and the grand-ones on New Year's Eve. Aren't they a darling group?
Truitt Ross was a blast on his first Christmas! We are delighted he is here!
Barbie, my sister, and me with our parents on Christmas Day. We were so glad they could all be here with us!
Jed already has a burning desire to preach! The more people stared and smiled at him during his 'sermon', the more fired up he became!

Christmas was a total delight this year! It was our year to have everyone with us on Christmas Eve and Day and it was full of laughter, food, long talks, playing, and more laughter with joy on top!

As I move in to plans for 2008, I have one word I choose to pray through: simplify. I don't know all it means or what it looks like but I am begging the Lord to teach me and reveal to me ways He wants to manifest Himself in and through me by way of the simple. I think a good place to start will involve garbage bags and a journal - not at the same time but definitely connected.

I pray rich blessings on you, my precious friends - rich blessings of God's presence and fulfillment. I pray that this year we can find some time to chat over enchiladas and I can hear more life stories. I want to spend some time with 'my people' bragging on the Lord God Almighty!!!!

8 comments:

Truitt Ross said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures with the rest of us. They are great! I love you! - Kayci

Sarah said...

There are some BLUE eyes in that Ross gene, huh? :-) Beautiful, beautiful!

I LOVE that your word is simplify. It's a great word -- much like another of our favorites: intentionality. We will have to sit over some Enchiladas and Diet Coke and simplify our lives.

Kelly Vaughn said...

When can we chat over enchiladas?
I need to SEE you!! My schedule is crazy too, but maybe we can make it a goal to work something out!!!
Love you Bevie,

Kelly

Rick Ross said...

One would think you are really into the grandkids. I'm glad I have been able to stay above that. By the way, how many hours before we get to see Malaya and Jed?

Pearson Family said...

I love the word simplify! I even gave it as a gift for Christmas! Have you seen it at Hobby Lobby on a metal sign? It is even yellow!

Anonymous said...

Beverly, I loved looking at your pictures. What beautiful grandkids!!! I loved your talk last night you always do a great job. I hope that one day you will write a book. I love the word simplify. I will be praying for that.

Donna Gonnet said...

Beverly!!! Thought I'd never find you. I love seeing the pictures of your family. There is another one of your children that I think you'd like an update on. Matthew turned 18 in October, is about to graduate from North Mesquite, and has been awarded the rank of Eagle Scout. We would love it if you would deliver the invocation and benediction at his Court of Honor. We don't have a date yet, so we could work around your busy schedule if you'd like to participate. You'd be very proud of the way he's grown up. He is a great honorable man, and I count your influence on him as one of the main reasons. He always knew he could count on you. What a wonderful blessing you were to him. We miss you terribly.

harmony & spencer said...

beverly, I am Donna C. and Lord willing will be leading the singing at the ladies day in Durant, OK on March 29. I just wanted to know if there were any special songs you would like led in relation to Eph. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Donna C.