Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21, 1976

Thirty-two years ago today, Rick Ross became my man! As I listened to him speak last night at Saturn Road on commitment in marriage, my mind went back to 1976 - the excitement I felt, the anticipation, the nervousness, the uncertainty, the certainty. We were 19 - mere children but felt, oh, so adult. We have defied the odds! We have made it!
Thirty-two years! So much invested here! Three gorgeous, healthy, deeply spiritual children who have chosen awesome partners to share in our family. We have 4 amazing grandchildren! We are ministry partners.
As I am reflecting over these years today, the word 'travel' describes the 'story of us'. We love to travel together. We love our trips! But I have loved our journey of parenting and grand-parenting, of growing deeper spiritual roots together, of learning tolerance of our differences - and even learning to celebrate them.
Our history is deep - this man KNOWS me!
He knows by the way I am breathing if I am getting motion sick. When we get in the car with someone else he asks to adjust the air for me. Such a protector!
I know I am a top priority to him! He loves to make special plans for us!
I have learned to love golf! especially Tiger!
And I got an I-Pod!!!!! I can't wait to load it! ( He knew exactly what I wanted - he listens to my heart!)
I love you, Rick Ross! I am delighted I get to share my life with you! Thank you for the years of work to get us to where we are! I am anticipating continuing our travels!

8 comments:

jenny biz said...

YAY for the IPOD! Happy Anniversary!!

Jeff said...

Happy anniversary.

Enjoy the iPod. I wonder if y'all will be eating Mexican food today???

Lynn Leaming said...

Happy Anniversary! Marriage is wonderful when two hearts are one in the Lord the way yours and Ricks are. I love my Ipod, hope you enjoy yours!

Danna said...

Congrats on the Anniversary!

Rick Ross said...

You 'da bomb, girl!

Liz Moore said...

Happy Anniversary! What a Godly example your marriage is. Chris and I were married at 19! And just celebrated 26 years in July. Defying the odds is much easier with God at the helm! Blessings to you my friend!

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary! Miss you!

Truitt Ross said...

You're going to love that IPOD! I wonder if the Indian song is available. :) - kayci