Friday, January 20, 2006

I am a blessed child!

Thank you so much for your sweet prayers, notes, calls, etc. following my Dad's surgery. He did great for the two days immediately following his surgery then the pain meds did a number on him and the oxygen level of his blood went way down. He has spent a week recovering from that trauma. Today has been his first good day. YEA!
I do feel so blessed to have a dad like mine. There is a proverb that I want to dedicate to him. Proverbs 20: 7 reads "The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him."
One of my most treasured memories growing up is listening to my parents whisper their prayers after the lights were out. Our only cooling was an attic fan so we all slept with our doors open. Late into the night I could hear my mom and my dad whisper my name to the Lord. I never want to forget that precious sound!
I am traveling tomorrow morning to Salado to do a retreat with the Crestview Church of Christ from Waco. I am so delighted! I was with them a few years ago and loved it! The topic is "Light the Fire" and it has been a total blast to write! Can't wait to present!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget to get Sir Wigglesworth fudge from the pottery shop in downtown Salado!
I'm glad your Dad is so much better.

Bev Ross said...

Thanks for the idea! Fudge is always fun!

jenny biz said...

What a legacy B and Papa were creating during those times of whispered prayers. Because of their faithfulness, Jesus will be shared with generations to come. Thanks for the reminder, Mom!

Rick Ross said...

I, too, am grateful for your dad. He is certainly a man of conviction and compassion for the poor. I guess I am the most fortunate recipient of your parent's prayers -- since I received the answer to them!

Liz Moore said...

I just finished reading your entries. What a blessing! I really miss getting to hear God's word from you. You are a blessing in my life!