Friday, January 27, 2006

Ms. Metzger finds the Lord!

I had something on my mind earlier this morning to blog about today - it has totally evaporated! So, in my dedication to blog more frequently (ha!), I am going to share some random thoughts that I don't want to forget.
--
Tonight, Rick is taking Malaya on a date! They are going out to eat and then to Blockbuster to choose a movie. How cool is that! He is so excited! She is a great date for a Friday night of fun!
--
I am doing a retreat tonight and tomorrow for Southside in Fort Worth. I pray the Lord will just be HUGE as we focus on God's Story Through the Lives of His Daughters. Tonight we will be glimpsing into the lives of the 5 women in the geneology of Jesus (and in the Word that is all we have - a small glimpse into each - no details - boohoo): Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary. Isn't it just the coolest thing ever -- that God carries His story on through us!
--
I am on my way to Wal-Mart to get Flat Stanley's pictures developed. Do you know the story - the little boy that gets smashed when the bulletin board falls on him. He loves to travel! He went with me last weekend to Salado to a ladies' retreat. We had a blast! He had his picture made with John Wayne's saddle. Will Malaya's kindergarten class know who John Wayne is????
--
Dad is scheduled to come home today! I know Mom is exhausted - spending 17 days in Tyler. Louis and Jane Jones (Jeff's parents) have been so wonderful to my parents. I love the fellowship of believers!
--
Drum roll, please! The best news ever! Most of you know I went to Germany in November for a mission trip. Messages circulated this last week: The manager of hotel came to the States to find out more about Jesus. She said her life has been forever changed because of the family love she witnessed. She was baptized last night into the Lord Jesus! YEA!!!!! How coool is that?!?!?!!?
Thank You, Father, for allowing us to cross paths with her at just the right time!!!! You are amazing like that! Thanks, Lord, for the story you will tell through her! - Your awesome story!

5 comments:

Rick Ross said...

That is so incredibly awesome! Who knows what kind of seeds were planted while you all were in Germany.

I will be praying for you this weekend. It is really cool to be Beverly Ross' husband.

Jeff said...

You should blog more. What are you spending all your free time doing, anyway? ha ha.

That's a neat story about Ms. Metzger. It's comforting and exciting to see how God uses us in people's lives.

Pearson Family said...

Praise the Lord. Your life speaks volumes of the good God plants. Have fun on your retreat.

jenny biz said...

WOW!! How exciting! I will be praying for Ms. Metzger as she begins her journey with Jesus!

Liz Moore said...

How awesome!! I love to see the way God continually works through you in your speaking! God has given you such an incredible gift. I miss getting to hear you on a regular basis. Continue planting those seeds! Love you!