Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's a boy!

Jonathan and Jennifer had a sonogram today and results were clear - we are having a BOY! YEA! Jennifer is due June 8 and we are counting down the days. When I was on the phone today with my dad, he was just cackling about his grandchild being a father. Dad said that it seems absolutely like yesterday that Jonathan was running around playing with his toy guns - now he is getting ready to be a 'papa'. (My dad's dad was known as Papa - that has always been our special family name for fathers.)
Jonathan and Jennifer will be excellent parents! I am so proud of both of them and their love for the Lord!
I can't wait to share life with this little one. I can't to hold him - to rock him - to laugh with him - to hear his sweet little giggle. I can't wait to hear him claim Jesus as Lord. I can't wait to...
This grandparenting thing is way too much fun!
Oh - Jedidiah is the chosen name - 'loved by the Lord' - I LOVE that name.
I need to go shopping!!!!!

3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I can't wait to introduce him to golf!!!! The shopping thing can wait. He can have Malaya's hand-me-downs.

Unknown said...

If he comes home from the hospital in a pink outfit and someone says, "what a pretty little girl" I bet you'll get the thumbs up to shop 'til you drop! Congratulations on your new grandbaby!!!

Liz Moore said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! I wouldn't make too many plans for him if I were you. If I know Malaya, she'll be the one with all the plans and making sure he knows what's what!! She'll be his second little mommy!