Monday, April 10, 2006

Happy Birthday, Precious Malaya!

Six years ago today - I became known as Grammy - not just anybody's Grammy but Malaya's Grammy! This has been the most fun ever!
Malaya and I have had a special bond from the moment she was born! We find delight in the same things, laugh at the same things, watch the same kinds of movies, enjoy talking about the same things, and play the same kind of games! I love for her to spend the night with me and we just get to 'hang out' together.
Malaya, you are my special friend! I am so blessed to have you in my world! I love to hear you talk about God and Jesus. I treasure the times that you tell stories your mommy and daddy have read to you from God's Word. You made my heart leap for joy when you shared your favorite verse with me: Proverbs 17:17 -- "A friend loves at all times."
Malaya, I admire your decisiveness. May the Lord use and bless that skill as you take a firm, sure stand for Him! May your lips always profess Him as Lord!
Malaya, thank you for the joy I find with you!
David and Jenny, thank you both for sharing her with us!!!! We are blessed because you do!

2 comments:

Amy C said...

You are a precious grammy with a sweet family. The Lord has blessed you all. I love you. Thank you for sharing Jesus with the world through yourself, and your sweet children. Happy Birthday Malaya!

Rick Ross said...

When I see you with Malaya, it does make me wonder if she was cloned.

Do I need to remind you who was the only one who could get her to sleep when she was first brought home from the hospital? (The answer is me).

She is a blast, isn't she?