Saturday, March 11, 2006

Every muscle in my body is screaming!

Today we worked in the yard! Oh, it is lookin' good! I planted lots of color we bought at Lowe's yesterday, lots of bulbs from a dear older 'sister' who has already home with the Lord, and one lone plant I have saved and moved to several different houses of my precious Maw-Maw's (who is also already in heaven making signs for me to welcome me in!) That was my favorite planting of the day. I hope it makes it! It is rare 'tamed' violet that makes beautiful ground cover. I have never seen it except in her yard until yesterday - there were some at Lowe's. I couldn't resist buying several. But my favorite is still that 'one'. As I planted it, I looked up at Rick and quoted my 'Grammy' verse: (Psalm 78) 'We will tell the next generation...' We both laughed and smiled at the tenderness of that moment. He knows.

We leave all our plants to grow in our absence. Tomorrow, we are heading to New Mexico. Our kids will come Monday and I can't wait! We have never done the mountains before - I am beach-kind-of-girl. But I am so excited about hiking in the mountains! - with my precious, precious family!!!!!! YEA!!!!

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I couldn't help but think of your MawMaw smiling as you planted her "tame violet." It was really special.

I bet that after this week, you're gonna be a "mountain woman"! You just love wherever you are.

I can't wait!

Amy C said...

I share your love of gardening. It is a sweet legacy to share with the generations to follow, to leave the earth richer that we found it. God is so gracious to share such beauty with us.