Monday, March 06, 2006

"Blessed"

This may feel kinda wierd to read because this is going to sound more like a diary than a blog. I have so much that I never want to forget about the last two weeks. (Keep it short, Bevie, keep it short!)
It was such a treasure in this mother's heart to be in Abilene with Jonathan as he finished up at Southern Hills. I love worshipping the Lord with my kids!!!! He is an amazing leader! Wed. night at his final HIP (High Imact Praise time), the praise team sang 2 songs he had written. INCREDIBLE!
Jennifer is looking so cute! Jedidiah is a much anticipated little baby! We saw the sonogram - we could actually see him wriggling as much as his daddy did! I can already tell he is a little doll!

It was also a treasure in my heart to get to spend time with Josh and Kayci. Rick and I stayed with them and were so appreciative of their sweet hospitality! Rick had to leave on Tuesday but I got to stay until Friday. I loved our late night chats and snacks! I LOVED walking across campus with Josh and watching an elder from Southwest Central in Houston tell Josh over and over how much they wanted him to come there to work with them! I LOVED Kayci asking every night what my favorite part of the day was!

Another treasure in my heart was coming home to lots of sweet, sweet notes that our Wed. night ladies' class wrote to me. The Lord and I shared a special time of reflection and precious sweetness as He reminded me that I am loved by Him and them!

I had another treasure when I picked up Malaya and we went out to eat and to see Curious George. She is such a wonderful buddy! She spent the night with me and we enjoyed lots of giggles!

Jonathan started at Bammel Road a week ago! Yesterday was his first Sunday. Cool: He got to pick up Mark Schultz at the airport Saturday.
Josh and Kayci made the decision to join the Southwest Central Church of Christ in ministry in June. Josh will be the pulpit minister for them! I'm so glad I got to meet some sweet folks from there.
Jenny has made a decision that I will be able to talk about tomorrow. I'm so proud of her! She is an extremely gifted young woman. I constantly learn from her! She and David are the best parents ever!!!!

I feel like I have put gift bows on the tops of these young heads and presented them to three churches with their mother's prayer of blessing. Serve the Lord's kingdom well, precious ones! He has gifted you each in abundance for His glory! I am blessed to have a front row seat to your lives! Your mother loves you and ... well, I do not have the verbal skills to tell you how proud I am! I love the Lord and I praise Him for putting His fingerprints all over you! Wear them well!

Last Thursday night, we went out to eat with our Bible study group. The girls gave me a precious gift. It is a necklace with a pendant that says 'Blessed'. I am soooooo blessed!

6 comments:

Amy C said...

I don't know all your children, but if they are all as wonderful as Jenni, you are blessed beyond all imagination. You are a wonderful parent. God bless you.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you! I am so happy for all your many blessings in life.

Rick Ross said...

Can't wait to go to Ruidoso. I think the part I look forward to as much as any is the time you and I will have together in the car. Only 4 more days!

Jeff said...

I've said this to Rick and want to say it again. I feel your children's desire to serve God speaks volumes about their parents. You are all a true blessing to each other and to your many friends.

Jennifer Ross said...

HAPPY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
I cannot wait 'til Ruidoso!!!!!!!!

Liz Moore said...

I love your family and your children so much! I have watched your children grow up into wonderful adults who love the lord with all their hearts. I will never forget the time I was fortunate enough to share in Tulsa with Josh and Jonathan several years ago. I feel like we developed a special bond that weekend and it was one of the turning points in my own spiritual walk. I have always prayed with you over your children and continue to pray for them & their families in this new walk in their lives. I pray that God will continue to put his fingerprints all over them! Please pray also with me over my children and that God will continue to put His fingerprints on them as well.