Wednesday, September 21, 2005

When the Girls Get Together!

I'm already fired up! In about 2 1/2 hours I get to meet with about 50 friends and study the book of Luke. I believe - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that something special happens when the girlfriends get together to study God's Word and share prayer requests.
I LOVE the visual I get when I read Romans 15: 5-7 --
"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another then just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring to bring praise to God."
Can you just picture it with me - beginning at about 7 tonight, when God looks at the fireplace room of the Decatur Church of Christ building, He sees one mouth and one heart lifted to Him.

Lord, we long to bring You praise and glory. Bless the study of Luke tonight. May Your Son's birth be real for us and may we find the treasures planted in Your Word just for us - Your daughters! Thank You, Father, for the Gift of Jesus. May we always choose to bring You glory! In the Name of the Perfect Lamb, Jesus,
Amen

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I love the way the Lord uses my girlfriend to bless the girlfriends. You are such a Barnabas-ette.