Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Anna was baptized!

In February, the Decatur Church of Christ invited me to speak at a community ladies' day as a fund raiser for WARM (Wise Area Relief Mission) - that was before they were considering Rick and before he was considering coming here. The WARM representative leading the day was a precious woman, Anna. We really hit it off - I was so impressed with her heart for the poor.
When Decatur called us to consider the preaching job, my fire was so lit to get to know Anna better. I told several people that I was attracted not only to the church family but also to the community.
When I started teaching the Wednesday night ladies' Bible class in September, Anna came! She and Jerry have been coming on Sundays and Wednesdays for a while. We have been so blessed by having them! She even came to our retreat! Two Sundays ago, I began teasing them - when the visitors were asked to stay seated, they stood! They invited us over, along with Jeff and Kelly Jones, to study with them Sunday night. They both have such a heart to know Jesus! Yeah, I didn't make a mistake with the wording - they invited us to study! They fed us royally and we discussed the Lord. Rick left several verses on baptism. Anna is a student! The Jones' went back over Monday night to answer more questions. Tuesday, Kelly called with the news! Anna woke up Tuesday morning wanting to be baptized into the Lord Jesus! Tuesday night, at the Isham's hot tub, Jeff Jones did the honors! ( We love our friends, Jeff and Kelly. What a blessing to share life with them!)
Anna, we love you! and cannot wait to witness how the Lord will use you and mold you in days to come! Welcome to our church family! Welcome to the journey!
I love this church! I love this community!

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

It was very special. We are very blessed to have Anna and Jerry with us. They both have servant hearts, and Anna is such a dreamer!

Jeff said...

I'm so encouraged every time I see someone make the decision to put Christ on in baptism. It was a special night for many reasons and I'm thankful for her decision.