Friday, December 02, 2005

A Mother's Heart

I had a sign that once was taped on my fridge that read, "making the decision to have a child is like making the decision to forever have your heart go walking around outside your body." What do you think? There is something about that mother-child bond that I don't have the verbal skills to say any better than that!
Yesterday, my daughter wrote a blog that has touched many. When she was little and hurt, I had so many choices of ways to make her feel better. She loved to sing, she loved to cuddle, she loved a good snack, she loved to go visiting or have a friend over. But now she is a beautiful young woman - and it not a skinned knee anymore, it is a hurting heart! And I can't 'fix it'! and her dad and I are so frustrated that we can't take away our little girl's hurt!
Please check it out: www.kindermommy.blogspot.com.
Please join our family in praying! Jenny and David are raising our precious Malaya to love the Lord and we all anticipate the day she professes Him as her Lord! We would be delighted for more children to come into their home to join us in bringing praise to the One we serve!

Father God, Giver of all that is good! I have been praising Your name since my head was still on my pillow this morning. I love You and I am learning to trust You! Your history with our family has been rich! Please, Father, please bless Jenny and David with another baby. Please, God, fill her womb with life. We choose to continue to love You no matter what; we choose to worship You no matter what; we will continue to praise Your Name because You are worthy. We know that You are the One we need, that You hold the miracle. Please, Lord, touch us with it! Holy Spirit, thank You, that You will clean up this prayer and make my groanings understandable to the Lord! See me heart, Oh Father - hear the words of my heart!
In the blessed name of Jesus, Amen and amen.

3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

What beautiful words from such a pure heart. As a family, let's remember: No matter what happens -- God has already been so incredibly good to us! I love you all so much.

Pearson Family said...

Amen.

judy thomas said...

There are worse things than having only one child--look how mine turned out! I know the Bazillions are creating a woman for God. Love and prayers, Judy Thomas