Thursday, October 06, 2005

Excitement is in the air!

I am sooooo excited! This weekend is the Decatur ladies' retreat! My precious daughters-in-law are coming in to present with me! (When we first scheduled it, it was going to be all four of us - Jenny too. But David's sister is getting married and Jenny thinks she needs to be there! We will miss you so much, Jenny! We'll have to plan something else soon for you to come over and tell your story so my new friends can know you.)
I would love to tell you all about it - but I don't want to! (Does that sound like conflict or what?) I want to wait until the weekend is done and THEN I'll reveal our plans.
I would invite you and beg you to pray that the Lord will be huge for us - the Decatur girlfriends - this weekend. Please pray that He bind us together as family and draw us close to Him! We want to be like the Isaiah 40:11 little lamb -- gathered by Him and carried 'close to His heart'! Beautiful imagery, huh?
Oh, Lord, please draw us close enough to rest in Your heartbeat. We want to walk in the rhythm of Your love. Be big for us, Precious Lord! Be really, really big! We love you and can't wait to see how You will use this weekend to bring glory to Yourself! That is our desire!

3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I'm praying for you all this weekend. You are such an incredible instrument for the Lord! And just think: I get to be with you every day!

jenny biz said...

I will miss being there so much! I will be thinking and praying for each of you!

Jeff said...

Yes, Kory Leigh, and I need you here to take care of your old dad. :)

Have a great time girls!