Monday, October 03, 2005

Reunion

Last night at church, we had a reception for our new members. We have several families that have joined us over the last six months. Since we have only been there for 5 months, we were one of new ones being spotlighted and welcomed! I'm not sure if we have ever felt more embraced! (Crockett had such a gift for this too!) It is such a blessing for the Lord to use so many sweet new friends to be His arms to welcome us!
Saturday night, we had a similar but very different experience - it was the night of the ChristianWorks Auction. I LOVE this night every year. It has been in a huge banquet room at the Anatole in recent years. The moment we find a parking place and begin our ride up the escalator to the ballroom - my heart begins to flutter in anticipation! I KNOW that once I make it through this long winding hall, the party begins! People in the registration line are exchanging hugs - and names (I know faces from long ago but can't quite find their 'spot' in my history). I take great delight in the warm embraces of such precious friends. The common link with most - if not all - of them is that we share the family name - Christian. We are blood relatives - covered in His blood.
You know, it's like getting to practice heaven! I can't wait for the warmest welcome, the best food, the sweetest embraces, the smiles of friends and fellow travelers who share a mutual delight with me, and finally, finally getting to KNOW Him and as I am known by Him!
Won't it be time!
Oh, Father, I want to be Your welcoming arms and Your eyes of grace to the people in my world! Give me a heart to embrace others, Lord! In the name of Your Son - the One Who makes us His blood relatives!

3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Do you think they will have a chocolate fountain in heaven? I'm just glad that I will get to be in heaven with you, just as I enjoyed the two evenings that you wrote about.

Jeff said...

I can't imagine the welcome and orientation into heaven but at the same time I enjoy trying to imagine what it will be like. I get carried away with the idea that I won't feel the pressures I allow to seize me here on earth and everyone will be smiling. What a wonderful future.

susanfair said...

Beverly,

It was a grand evening! Everyone seemed so content and happy-just as you said, like heaven!
Susan Fair