Monday, October 24, 2005

I can't wait!

Wow! I can't believe it has been so long sinceI have written. The last entry was right before the retreat that Kayci and Jennifer came in to do with me. I want to write about it. Oh, and that was the same weekend - while I was at the retreat - that we got a contract on our house - with no idea where we were moving - we just knew we were more than ready to leave Trophy Club and get to Decatur! Oh, and that was a few days after I found out I was going in for a little surgery. But it was before we found THE house! We are closing on both houses on November 2!!!! And I am leaving for Germany on November 4! So many blog entries in the above! But none of the previous are more exciting than the news we got last night!!!!
We were taking Jenny and David, and, of course, Malaya, to see our new house after church. I have been so excited for Jenny to see it - I hold her opinion in the highest regard. She has such good perception - and that is not my gift! They met us at church. (I miss going to church with them more than I have words to say.)
After I dropped Malaya at her class, I walked down the hall to mine and there was my youngest son, Jonathan! I was so thrilled to see him and his precious wife, Jennifer! My heart was soaring. As class was starting, Jonathan leaned down the aisle to show me what he had picked out for his birthday - his 'Jedidiah' hat, jacket, and shirt. Jedidiah is one of my favorite boy names - really it is my favorite boy name! It means 'loved by the Lord' - how beautiful! I asked if he was trying to tell me something and he said 'no' with a fairly straight face. We looked at the house and were filled with anticipation! We can't wait!
Then we took the kids to eat and Jonathan said that he and Jennifer had decided on a job and their start date was in June. My youngest son, my gorgeous-eyed man-child, sat right across from me and told me his wife, my precious Jen, was with child! Not just any child - but my grandchild! I LOVE being a Grammy! I LOVE it! and now I get to do it again!
I pray for you, sweet baby! May your lips profess the name of the Lord and may your life be rich in service to our King! I can't wait to tell you about Him! I can't wait to see you and to hold you and to kiss you ....
I can't wait!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Beverly, you have interesting admirers.

Congratulations on your future grandchild. What a great blessing for all of you.

Rick Ross said...

I'm so blessed to get to share this incredible life with you! I just wish you could get a little more enthused about it.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you guys. Scott's sister is having a baby also, due the day after your new grandbaby! Jenny and I have already planned trips to Abilene for baby visits!

Pearson Family said...

Yeah YOU and THEM! I am so excited for you and your family because I know that everyone is overcome with joy about this new birth!

Melanie said...

Congrats Grammy! Love and miss you!