Saturday, October 29, 2005

Almost done

Well, we are coming to a close. We are surrounded by boxes. Not much left. David and Jenny came over and spent the day working, working, working. What a blessing! Oh, Malaya worked too! She, at five years old, did ALL my spices! (Isn't that amazing?!!??!) But Jenny and David - oh my! I am so humbled to have them in my life! There is something about the way Jenny and I work together that is really rare and so connecting! In times like this, my attention span gets really short - so overwhelmed - she sweetly redirects me, we laugh, we enjoy the moments, and we love closing the boxes.
And David, he is such a wonderful work partner for Rick! He is so willing!
We celebrated David's birthday tonight! What a perfect addition to our family! We are so proud of him!
Almost closed - the final box - the final chapter - in a very long story. Only long because it has been so painful. But the Lord is so good, so faithful! I just want to be on His side, with Him at my side - forever. His sweetness is immense and so deep. Usually closed chapters haunt me but I have learned that with closed chapters, it means a brand, spanking new one gets to open! Open it, Lord - I'm with you! I can't wait to see what You are going to do in the newest chapter of our lives! Have Your way, Father! Reign in my heart!

4 comments:

jenny biz said...

We are definitely excited about the NEW chapter:) We had fun hangin' with you guys today even after flooding the kitchen:)

Jeff said...

I look forward to Wednesday and am praying that all the timing works just perfectly.
I hope all goes well in Germany and you and everyone participating will be edified.
That said, it will be great when you get back and this becomes home for you and Rick.

Jennifer Ross said...

YEA!!
It is defitely an EXCITING and TIRING time, I am sure for you!!
I am and will continue to pray about the move and Germany!

It is EXCITING and TIRING here on this end, too! BLESSINGS.

judy thomas said...

Beverly, I read your comments on Brandon's blog. I am so glad you have a new home--I am praying it will be the perfect place for you and your husband. I DO know you both will be a blessing to that church. Hello to all the Rosses! I miss your smiling faces. Congratulations to Jonathan and Jennifer. Judy Thomas