Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'm home and now awake enough to write!

Wow! Thanks so much to those of you who lifted our trip to the throne room of the Lord!!! He was His usual Faithful Self and covered this trip with blessing! He was HUGE for us and totally amazing! I don't know where to start!
This trip was a first for me is so many, many arenas. I have never travelled with a team of women that our only link was that we are all crazy about God. That was an especially rewarding experience. I'm not sure I have ever laughed more and cried more and felt more totally 'at home' in my whole life! I LOVE my new friends! God bound us up tight!
And the missionary women! Oh my! How beautiful are the feet of those that bring good news! These women put a whole new meaning on the word 'sacrifice'! They are amazing instruments on the altar of God! I really wanted to bring several home with me! I loved worshipping with them, praying over and with them, studying God's word with them, reading with them, and, of course, partying with them!
Germany is beautiful! So sharp in color! Lots and lots of flowers! Gorgeous! On the Saturday before we left to come home, we toured Martin Luther's home and the church where he hung his 95 theses. He was buried inside that church. We surrounded his grave and sang - in four part harmony - A Mighty Fortress is Our God. Talk about history coming alive! Sweet moment!
I am delighted to have gone and delighted to be home - home with my brand new Decatur sisters. God has been so sweet to me! (I think I have said that a lot recently.)
Thank you, Father, for the gift of friendship. On the other side of Your world, I now I have brand new friends that I will get to party with in heaven when we all speak the same language! I saw you, Father, in their eyes and in their tears! I can't wait to share moments in life with them again!
And in Decatur, I have brand new friends to share part of this journey! Help us, Father, to step in closer to You each time we hang out!
Oh, Father, what a blessed woman I am to have a family who professes You as the Holy One! Thank you for their faithfulness in prayer over my trip. I am glad to be home and back in my husband's arms! I missed his kisses!
I am blessed, Lord! Thank you for this new chapter opening with such a 'bang'! I love to be 'wowed' by You. Only You can do it this wonderfully! Thank You, Lord! Thank You!

3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

You are such an incredible blessing! Your life defines ministry. Thanks for sharing it with me. I llike catching up on the hugs and kisses.

Pearson Family said...

Glad you are home.

jenny biz said...

We missed ya'! What a neat experience for you!