Thursday, November 03, 2005

Prayer Warriors Unite!

Well, November 4 is almost here! I leave tomorrow afternoon for a mission trip with a group called Come before Winter. I am delighted to have this opportunity. I will be traveling with 13 'girlfriends' to Germany to facilitate a weeklong renewal for missionary women from several locations in Europe. We each have been asked to have our friends and family lift us up in prayer during the prep time and during the journey. I am reminding those who I have previously asked and soliciting more prayer covering beginning tomorrow. While this trip has been planned for more than a year and a half - I had no idea how it would all unfold. My prayer requests have been turned in long ago but I had no idea what a turn my life would take in the last month: I have sold a house, bought a house, had surgery, and moved - all since October 7! Craziness! (as my son Josh would say). But the Lord has so got my back - He has been soooo sweet to me! Oh, I could go on and on about how at home I have felt today - at home in my new house, with my friends, in my own skin! At home because I KNOW He is in my heart! Wowsie-powsie!
This could get really long - I'll journal tomorrow so I don't forget a thing - maybe a future blog --but for now, my prayer requests:
PLEASE PRAY--
*for Rick while I am gone.
*that my ministry will be a sweet and fragrant aroma to the Lord.
*that the flights to and from Germany will be free of anxiety -- and motion sickness!
*that the Spirit will fill me with wisdom and discernment in all my interactions with the women on my team and the missionaries who attend. I want to be a Proverbs 11:25 kind-of-girl!
*for my mom and dad (my dad is not doing very well - I pray he will not be in pain and that his health will improve asap)
*for my new church family! - Please join me in thanking the Lord for bringing us together!
*that the Lord will just be HUGE for us!
Thank you so much!
Can't wait to write more on November 14 - my first day home!
I love you, my friends!

3 comments:

jenny biz said...

Love you, Mom and we are praying! As Malaya said through tears on the way home tonight, "Grammy is so special. She is just like a gift." Such truth out of the mouth of a little one:)

Cassey said...

Randomly found your blog .. How weird .. well I will be Praying for you most defeniatly .

Bev Ross said...

Jenny, that is the sweetest thing any one ever said about me! What a gift Malaya has been in my life - that is for sure! Thank you for being so willing to share her!