Friday, September 29, 2006

Catchin' up...

The last few weeks have been craziness for me. I am using this morning to catch up and writing this blog made the to-do list.
On September 15, my dad was careflighted to Tyler with all his systems shutting down - respitory and kidney failure, congestive heart failure, heart attack, the list could go on. It was a scary time as I drove to be with my mom. Josh and Kayci arrived shortly after I did (they will never know how wonderful it was to sit with me in that waiting room - but heart leaped when I saw Kayci's sweet smile and knew Josh was right behind her).
The second time Mom, Barbie, and I went in to see dad, he was very alert even though he had a breathing tube in - he couldn't talk but my dad has the gift of getting his message across with intense eyes and flamboyant gestures. He wanted to thank God and then he 'asked' my mother what had happened to him. Then he looked at me and pointed - he wanted me to pray! As we huddled over his bed, I voiced our praise to the Lord and our joy in the legacy of having a dad like Billie Jones, then he motioned to my sister - she, too, prayed over Daddy. What a blessing to have a dad so much in love with our Heavenly Father!
I am extremely grateful to be part of a nurturing community of faith. Jane Jones (Jeff's mom) beat me to hospital in Tyler with my favorite cookies in hand! We spend several nights with them in their lovely home! What wonderful new friends!
Dad went home for three days and is back in the hospital in Crockett with congestive heart failure but feels great and should go home early next week. Please pray!
We want to get them to Decatur asap!

**On Tuesday night, October 3, the Tommy Maddox Foundation is hosting a free dinner to introduce Wise County Christian Counseling - that's me! We have had a GREAT response so far. I pray the Lord will have His hands all over this ministry!

**I leave in a few hours to do a Ladies' Day tomorrow in Temple. I am so excited! Retreat season is here! Lots of travel in the weeks to come. I pray I will bring glory to His name and reflect Him in my words and interactions with my new friends.

5 comments:

jenny biz said...

I hope all your retreats go well! I sure hope Papa gets better!

Rick Ross said...

I'm glad we are both home safely after a busy weekend. I know you were such a blessing to the ladies in Temple. You are such a powerful instrument for the Father.

Melanie said...

We're praying for your family and PAPA right now! I so wish I could have gotten to see him! Can you email me his address or the hospital address so I can send him a card?

Liz Moore said...

I am so glad that your dad is doing better again. They have been in my prayers. I know you will be a great blessing on all of your upcoming retreats and through your counseling. I do not know of any woman who is more spirit led than you are. God has given you a great gift and you glorify Him well with it. Your love for Him is very evident in the way He always speaks through you and the way you live your life. You are a blessing in my life and will be a blessing in many lives as you begin speaking. May God continue to bless you. I love you.

On a different note, can you email me your parents address? I mailed them a card last week and it came back. I guess I have an old address.

jenny biz said...

Hey! Sorry Melanie. I have been meaning to get this to you!! Liz and Melanie, here is B and Papa's address. (Save you from doing it, Mom!:)
402 Aspen Bend, Crockett, TX, 75835